Optometry is a primary health care profession, specifically licensed in all around the world, which incompasses the prevention and remediation of disorder of the vision system through examination, diagnosis, treatment, management of the visual efficiency, eye health as well as the recognition and diagnosis of related Systemic manifestation of all of which are designed to preserve and enhance the quality of our lives and environment.
“Optometry is 1sl line of defence against blindness”
Optometry’s more specialized service includes Ophthalmic Contact Lens Theraphy, Regular Lens Theraphy, Low vision Theraphy, Vision Rehabilitative Theraphy, Development vision Theraphy, Electro-Physiological procedures, Management of Ocular Pathology and consultation with other professionals in the field of child development, remedial reading education, special education, Illuminating engineering, clinical phychology and highway safety and other health care practitioners.
Optometrist is an important personnel in the field of visual science, who can relieve the highly qualified eye surgeon’s as pre-assessment before surgery and post assessment after surgey and reduce the work of eye surgeon thus personnel know all about the care of eyes, as:
- An optometrist can check the eye for any visual defect.
- Testing is discover if different lenses are needed for reading.
- Examination the inside of your eye to ensure its health.
- Examining the front of the eye.
- Checking the pressure of your eye, is important, if glaucoma is suspected.
- The field of vision, so vital to drivers, must be checked.
- Color vision may also be checked.
- Secure in the knowledge that your eyes are healthy and vision is good.
S. No Courses No. of Seats View registered Students View Fee 1 Diploma in Physiotherapy 25 View Details'a> View 2 Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician 20 View Details'a> View 3 Diploma in Optometry 30 View Details'a> View